Monday, May 27, 2002

I'm starting to wonder if it was really such a good idea to teach Phil Paths of Glory. He insisted on starting another game this weekend. As the Central Powers he had me thoroughly rattled in the West, smashing through the fortress line in short order. The climax of his attack was a beautifully conceived pincer attack that only failed to isolate two French armies in Verdun because I rolled a six and Phil rolled a one (years of wargaming karma came through there!) This led to a swirling battle of counter-encirclements that finished with the French reeling back exhausted towards Paris, and four French armies in the deadpile.

It's a bit like playing Dave only with common-sense! He's hammering away at France but still chasing me on War Status, and covering the Eastern Front as well. Still, it's not over yet. I'll fix the little upstart........

No comments: