Friday, September 06, 2002

The Americans have been playing Barbarossa to Berlin for weeks now, but my copy finally arrived today.

I thought I would share with you the experience of opening the box. This is the central moment of a nimrod's existence, the supreme ritual. You are privileged to witness it through the magic of blogging:

    Hmm. Box is a little smaller and lighter than I expected....

    It's shipped from UDG in Germany, not direct from GMT. Not sure if I like that.....

    Let's get my penknife out. Carefully does it....

    Not very well packaged. But miraculously the game seems undamaged.....

    Yuk. The box illustration is bitty. Very bitty! What were they thinking.....

    The back is nice. Maybe I should open the shrinkwrap. Better wait till lunch-time. I'm so excited....


No, I can't do it. Breaking into the shrinkwrap is just too personal, too private. I can't possibly share this online.

No comments: