Monday, June 30, 2003

I don't know about you but I am getting really sick of getting twenty emails a day telling me how to make my penis larger. But thanks to Nick Denton I have found the antidote to Spam - OddPost. It really works. It's slick. You don't even have to change your email address. OK it's not free, but it's worth it!

Oddpost features a peerless junk mail filtering system that blocks up to 99% of all spam. As you send and receive messages, Oddpost automatically learns what you personally consider valid mail and what you consider garbage, and uses this fingerprint to quickly attain a nearly perfect filtering accuracy rate (yes fellow nerds, it’s Bayesian content-based filtering, and it works like a charm!). On the rare occasions that Oddpost misses a piece of spam, just click the nuke button to both delete the message and make the filter smarter the next time around.

No comments: