Thursday, October 02, 2003

It looks like I have sold my house after all. By yesterday I had received two more offers, one of which was for the asking price. Meanwhile I am rushing over to Farnham whenever I can to look for a new home. On Tuesday I looked over a luxurious 3-bedroom house, just being built on the northern edge of the town, but with lots of traffic noise from a busy road. I turned it down - today the builder gets back to me with a £5K price drop and thousands of pounds worth of extras like carpets etc. I guess they are having problems shifting it. It's tempting, but what I'm really dreaming of is an old-fashioned place right in the centre of the town, a few steps away from the cobbled lanes and the interesting pubs and the arts centre and the railway to London. There's actually quite a discipline involved in listening to my own dreams rather than just going with the first "good deal" that is shoved in my face....

No comments: