Wednesday, March 16, 2005

At last I'm starting to feel normal again after the weekend - all my paragliding muscles had got very lazy since last October, so when I finally got the chance to fly again on Sunday it left me feeling very sore indeed. Fantastic day though - in spite of the on/off wind conditions I got 5 flights before the end of the day, but of course, because I don't know how to soar and top-land yet, that meant 4 exhausting walks back up the hill lugging the harness and glider! And they made us practice our parachute landing falls all over again, which was a bruising experience in its own right.

With all the excitement of restarting my paragliding training, there has still been space for some gaming. I played 1825 with Phil on Saturday, and we enjoyed it very much. It goes well as a 2-player game, and the kinder, gentler stock-market makes for a less confrontational game than 1830 et al. Phil beat me by a good margin.

I also met up with Les on Monday for an evening of Blue Moon in the pub. This game is intriguing with real depth of play that I am only just starting to get into - plenty of appetite for replaying this one.

No comments: