Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Have I finally lost my mind?

So after about a year trying to order a counter-clipping jig from a guy in the US, I decided to make my own. It was surprisingly easy - a redundant CD case, a hacksaw, some fine-grade sandpaper, and about 15 minutes careful work were all that was needed. The critical bit was filing away the corner until the amount of counter-corner showing was just right.

It certainly makes the clipping job quicker and far more accurate. As you can see I've been going through my ASL Starter Kit counters re-clipping them for absolutely uniform corners.

But the question remains - why would any sane person want to do this?

2 comments:

Phil said...

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you've finally cracked.

This is the single weirdest obsession in your life, bar none.

I remember the days when you used to blog about whether or not you should get into corner clipping at all: "why would I need to clip my corners?" you would ask.

It's clear to me now that these initial spurts of corner clipping based rhetoric were the warning signs of a much worse sickness still to come. I only wish that I could have been there for you, to stop you becoming a mental person.

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

My friend, you are a boardgamer & a chit-wargamer... your sanity (or lack thereof) is no longer in question.

Wanna play a game?! :-)