Friday, September 15, 2006

Maths Trade Madness

Well the UK Maths Trade finished on Wednesday. I suppose I fondly imagined that the trade resolving software would work some kind of magic, whereby I would get rid of 3 items of old tat from under my bed, and receive in return 3 exciting new games in shrink-wrap. It didn't quite work like that - no-one wanted a copy of Dampfross with the pens dried out, or of Slick! the obscure cousin of Railway Rivals, complete with its original tube. However I did get rid of an ancient copy of Sorceror's Cave, with The Sherlock Holmes Card Game thrown in as a sweetener. The trade circle is interesting:

I send Sorceror's Cave to someone who sends...
Shadows over Camelot to someone who sends...
Blue Moon (German) to someone who sends...
Formula Motor Racing to someone who sends...
Dungeons and Dragons the Boardgame to me!

I feel a bit sorry for the guy who swaps his shrink-wrapped Shadows over Camelot for my ancient Sorceror's Cave (perhaps he's a Sherlock Holmes fan?) but the other trades look mostly kind-of reasonable.

An interesting exercise - it's very exciting reading the list every day and wondering what you will end up with. Next time I will try trading something a bit more valuable. Advanced Civilization anyone?

No comments: