Thursday, July 02, 2009

It's like Beyond Valor all over again.

I've been thinking longingly about Napoleon's Triumph for a couple of years now, ever since I saw it on a table at MidCon, laid out in all its spectacular miniaturesy glory. But every time I see it in the games shop I pick it up and think "Ouch, £45. And after all, do I really need any more games?"

So recently I've been reading the reviews and listening to the podcasts and getting to the "must have" stage, so today I look on the Leisure Games website and - oh bother! - it's out of print.

I've waited too long, AGAIN!

(Like what's-his-name the elf who lingered too long in Middle Earth.)

But wait, The Orc's Nest still have one. I'll be down there tomorrow......

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Infinity Games also has a copy in stock

http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/napoleons-triumph-5986.aspx

Iain said...

I'll play it with you...

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter said...

Iain, you're on!

Infinity Games - I've never used them. Do they package properly or stuff it in a jiffy bag (like some I've used)?

Unknown said...

I use Infinity games for probably 90% of my purchases. Packaging is excellent and postage is free. 100% satisfied

Marty said...

This is a follow up to 'Bonaparte at Marengo', which I own but have never played, and seems to be universally recognised as an even better game. I remember lending you the rulebook for BaM last year - I found it to be a very badly written rulebook for a game which uses remarkably different mechanics to all other wargames. I would love to give it a go some time.

I have used Infinity Games several times and have always found them to be excellent.

jdurivage said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.