Friday, January 21, 2005

My son Phil is back home for a while, using my flat as a base while he looks for a job in London. This means I am slipping comfortably back into a foodie lifestyle which is doing my waistline no favours at all. Yesterday evening was a good example. I was commanded to pick up some tomatoes, some basil leaves, and three sweet potatoes on the way home. From which Phil produced this amazing, delicious dish featuring baked pastry slices topped with basil tomatoes and parma cheese, along with mashed sweet potato and salad, all washed down with a nice Cabernet Sauvignon. After which we sat on the sofa in an alcoholic haze and watched Rick Stein doing more cooking and eating. Don't know how much longer I can go on like this before I a) gain 3 stone b) run out of money or c) go down with gout. But it's fun while it lasts.

And talking of foodies, I discovered a nice blog today called Daily Bread.

No comments: